In Kindergarten, we provide a “gifted education program for all students” where students learn through varied educational approaches and develop measurable academic and social goals to grow as learners. We provide this program by systematically grouping, differentiating, and challenging students at their appropriate instructional level. Teachers implement and evaluate assessment data regularly: sharing and collaborating with students and families to meet their personal goals.
At Horizon Honors Elementary, our Kindergarten students grow – academically, socially and emotionally. Our program has a strong focus on developing skills in reading, writing and mathematics. Teachers also focus on our school values that are the cornerstone of our school. Most importantly, our students learn to become independent thinkers, life-long learners and friends! All of these skills are delivered in a caring and nurturing environment by our experienced Kindergarten staff.
Students in our Extended Day program have the added opportunity to explore music, technology, Spanish and Physical Education. They also work cooperatively during Project Group to develop their critical and creative thinking and problem solving skills while working together to solve real-world problems.
Our Kindergarten program is designed to:
- Challenge students academically as individuals – student academic goals are developed based on their individual needs
- Expand social skills – working together and applying our school values
- Build self-confidence through communication & presentation skills and self-awareness
- Develop a joy for learning, thinking, and problem solving
- Expose students to new ideas and concepts through hands-on experiences
- Make and develop new friendships while cultivating respect for others